seedkeepers - [Seed Keepers] Everbearing blackberry plants to ship soon to those wanting them; no plum seeds or seedlings available.

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Seed Keepers] Everbearing blackberry plants to ship soon to those wanting them; no plum seeds or seedlings available.
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 01:21:16 -0500

Everbearing blackberry plants to ship soon to those wanting them.

Great Expectations (NOT). I felt like Pip visiting Mrs. Haversham in her
mouldy, unkempt palace drawing room. I located the plum grove I talked about
earlier
and found that it was totally decimated by encroaching honeysuckle, wild
climbing roses
and lack of sunlight. Where there was a thick grove before, this time there
was not a single living tree.

I have pruned my single remaining plum and hope it will bear this year. I
will have seeds to distribute if it does.

There are lots of seedlings growin at the edge of neighbor's property along the raodside and I may be able to transplant some of them, eleagnus also, this winter, to a sunny spot.