seedkeepers - [Seed Keepers] Fall Garden?

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: Pumpkin Lady <pumpkingal@clearwire.net>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Seed Keepers] Fall Garden?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:44:26 -0500

Things sure have been quiet...or maybe I'm just missing email. It happens. ;-) In any case, I was looking at planting a fall garden. I've never done that before, but I think now through October is the time to do that.

Perhaps some discussion of what people who do fall gardens grow in them and what kind of temps they require to not pack it in would be helpful. I remember one lady asking years ago on another list in spring why her fava beans packed it in as soon as it hit 80. Of course she had planted then only a few weeks before in spring and lived where summers were often 95+. I'm pretty sure favas hate heat. I always planned to grow them over fall-winter, but never seem to get around to it.

Anyone have wants or trade offers for fall gardens?

Anyone out there at all? ;-)

Happy growing!
Morgan