seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] [seedsavers] Seeking Walking Onions

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: "Cindie Strater" <tovaryn@gmail.com>
  • To: "Seed Keepers" <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] [seedsavers] Seeking Walking Onions
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 23:50:41 -0500

My walking onions are doing great!  I started harvesting from the bed in early March in our zone 5b garden here in Illinois and can still find some tender shoots for salads.  They tend to get tough and pungent when they make topsets so harvest is winding down.  The topsets are getting large and soon will start drying.  I'll replant the bed from sets and have green onions for fall and for next year.  But, there's plenty to share!

Who is still interested in getting walking onions?  Linda?  Lawrence?  Anybody out there?

Contact me off list at tovarynATgmailDOTcom with your contact information so I can get ready to send them out.