permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Dazhai (大寨) Fall Harvest - 2005 (China Works Series) - YouTube

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Dazhai (大寨) Fall Harvest - 2005 (China Works Series) - YouTube
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 20:32:41 -0700

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 7:32 PM <scott@permaculture.org> wrote:

> Dear Lawrence,
> A quick letter of thanks and appreciation on your dogged efforts in
> sharing knowledge and regenerative knowledge.

I have considerable interest in Permaculture and related topics and hope to
post resources on the subject continuously.
The conflict in Ukraine has me preoccupied and I hope it ends soon with
Ukraine reclaiming all its territory. This has caused me to focus on
environmental issues so as to be ready to close ranks and live in an
environmentally sensible way as soon as peace returns. It will be "what
now" when that happens
as the country is rebuilt which will have a ripple effect around the world.
About that, many republics that make up Russia are seeking independence and
sovereignty and the Japanese want Russia out of the Kirill Islands.
I want to see a revival of peasant sovereignty, a modern, enlightened
global movement. Peasants feed the world. You saw how that is done in the
video I posted.

> You are are one of the
> unsung heroes of the permaculture movement.

Thank you very much, Scott. Compliments like yours are much appreciated and
keep me moving forward.
Skeeter's list of permaculture people was significant. I have been mostly
influenced by you, Toby, many folks in this list from years past when
discussion was robust
and of course Bill Mollison. Add to them Alan Chadwick and other pioneers
in the natural agriculture movement. The Alan Chadwick Project is worth
looking at.
I hope Permaculture Institute, Steve Hart and Alan Enzo are moving forward
with their work.

> Please keep up the good work,

I will absolutely do that. It seems that my interest in permaculture gets
stronger and deeper as time passes.
I live the permaculture life, close enough to the Earth that I can see
clearly what is going on :-)

My best regards,
> Scott Pittman
>
> Cheers to you, Scott. I gave you a call the other day but no answer. I
thought you all might be away teaching a PDC somewhere.
What is the state of your book "The Dharma of Permaculture"? Dharma is
laden with meaning.
A friend I met in 1960 told me about Pacha Mama, a deity revered in the
Southern Hemisphere. Very interesting. I printed out an image representing
her and stuck it to the wall of my shop.

LL