permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Planting on dams

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Darrell E. Frey" <defrey@bioshelter.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Planting on dams
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 15:48:57 -0500

Well, dams do vary in size, from small farm ponds to lakes. And so the width
of dams may vary considerably. Still it's important to keep tree roots from
affecting the integrity of the dam. There is no reason to not plant a native
meadow mix. But annual mowing is advised to keep trees from getting started.

Darrell E. Frey
www.threesisterspermaculture.com

On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 14:21:31 -0500, Mary Beth Berkley <murbith@gmail.com>