permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Planting on dams

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Kevin Topek 2019 <ktopek@att.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Planting on dams
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 14:08:38 -0600

Dear Mary Beth,

When I was younger, I managed a damn we built for a 3 acre lake. Loblolly
Pine trees would grow along it, naturally seeded. I would cut the pines off
the damn as seedlings. We encouraged only grasses to grow on the damn, which
was mowed 1-2 times a year. The damn is still in place, holding the lake, 57
years later.

Kevin Topek
Permaculture Design LLC
permaculturedesign.net