permaculture - [permaculture] The Message of Garabandal, Was Re: For the anti-capitalists..........

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: João Pedro Moreira Gonçalves Rodrigues <joaovox@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] The Message of Garabandal, Was Re: For the anti-capitalists..........
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 06:53:47 +0000

Hungarian
https://youtu.be/WvA-BoiWulo

Czech
https://youtu.be/OXRJHPR7nfA

Bemba
https://youtu.be/qW_Pg5yo0F0

https://www.garabandal.us/garabandal

Where and what is Garabandal?

San Sebastian de Garabandal is a small farming village located in the
foothills of the Cantabrian Mountains of northern Spain. It is an isolated
hamlet of some 300 people located 55 miles by car in a westerly direction
from the provincial capital of Santander and about 15 miles inland from the
Cantabrian Sea.

[image: sog-01a]

San Sebastian de Garabandal is situated at the very end of a winding road
cut into the side of the mountain. A solitary cluster of nine pine trees
stands starkly on a rise against the horizon to the south. The village
itself consists of some eighty rustic stone buildings huddled together on a
small strip of land overlooking a wooded valley.

Like Fatima and Lourdes, Garabandal is a place of unearthly serenity and
beauty. The villagers were known throughout the region for their piety and
their faithful observance of devotional prayer which they offered together
as a community several times each day.

[image: sog-01b]In 1961, it was the poorest and most isolated of all the
agricultural hamlets in the region. The only access to the village was via
the three and a half mile oxcart path that went up from Cosio, the next
closest village.

The priest of Cosio served as the pastor of Garabandal, riding up on
horseback to say Holy Mass, to hear confessions and to teach the children
of the village the Catechism.

*+ All the information in the following account is based on eyewitnesses
reports and interviews with the visionaries.*
Visit from an Angel

On June 18, 1961, four girls, *Conchita Gonzalez* (12), *Mari Cruz Gonzalez*
(11) *Jacinta Gonzalez* (12), and *Mari Loli Mazon* (12) were playing on
the outskirts of the village when they heard a sound like thunder.

Suddenly, there stood before them a radiant angel. He said nothing and soon
vanished. Pale and visibly shaken, they ran to the village church and told
of the apparition.

Over the next few days, the girls continued to see the angel. On July 1st
he spoke: *“Do you know why I have come? It is to announce to you that
tomorrow the Blessed Virgin will appear to you as Our Lady of Mount
Carmel.”*

*“On this day we saw [the angel] had a sign beneath him…We asked him what
it meant but he only smiled and didn’t say anything.”**– Conchita’s Diary*

The Blessed Virgin Appears to the Children

[image: sog-02b]On July 2, 1961, at just past six o’clock in the evening,
the Blessed Virgin appeared in the rocky path which leads up to the pine
grove above the village. Our Lady held the Infant Jesus in her arms and was
accompanied by two angels, one on each side.

The angel the children recognized was later identified as Saint Michael the
Archangel. The second angel was nearly identical. Above and to the right
was a large eye that the children referred to as the eye of God.

Word had spread quickly and several priests were counted among the crowd of
visitors who joined the villagers to witness the apparition.

Without the slightest fear the girls spoke to the Lady about their
families, the priests who had come and the chores they did at home and in
the fields. The Lady smiled.

[image: sog-02a]Conchita said speaking with the Lady was easy, like talking
with her mother who had gone away on a trip and had just come back.

In her diary, Conchita recorded the appearance of the Blessed Virgin, *“The
Blessed Virgin appears with a white dress, a blue mantle and a crown of
small golden stars. Her feet are not visible. Her hands are wide open with
the scapular on the right wrist. The scapular is brown. Her hair is wavy
and parted in the middle. She has an oval shaped face and her nose is long
and delicate. Her mouth is very pretty with rather full lips. The color of
her face is dark but lighter than that of the angel; it is different. Her
voice is very lovely, a very unusual voice that I can’t describe. There is
no woman that resembles the Blessed Virgin in her voice or in anything
else.”*

At Our Lady’s request, they prayed the rosary together. The Blessed Virgin
taught them to recite the prayers slowly, thinking on the meaning of the
words. After they had learned to pray in this way, Our Lady joined them
only in reciting the *Gloria* bowing her head gracefully in humble
reverence.

*“The Blessed Virgin was smiling as usual. The first thing she said was,
‘Do you know the meaning of the sign that was beneath the angel?’ ‘No we
don’t,’ we exclaimed together. ‘It has a message that I am going to give
you so you may announce it publicly on October 18th,’ she said.”
–Conchita’s Diary*

A segunda, 1/11/2021, 13:34, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>