permaculture - [permaculture] The Buffalo and who saved them.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] The Buffalo and who saved them.
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 16:19:53 -0700

Followup to the previous post from *Tashunke Witko Tiwahe/Crazy Horse
Family/ECF*
<https://www.facebook.com/TashunkeWitkoTiwaheCrazyHorseFamilyEFC/?__cft__[0]=AZVlDRRDYapWSKuNfsfthcFeeY5L8bDV0SPY-ENMBr1TCs12ofWa6JfSMKecOtrMyPuc8CPAyy0JwXvrz4ypO7OKgEApeANvm8XD6zCv3QalMskckMgmRNiCslro5bF-K3WZwOw72pbsn8RyCbHhq4mjrFK80Bi_Fie_mVxfnj15g0pmhiW8MaFmz4pHuVWYibQ&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R>
In the early 1800s 50 to 60 million buffalo roamed North America. They were
our lifeblood. Their hides made our tipis, the meat filled our bellies,
their hides kept us warm in the winter, their bones made our tools, their
hooves made our glue, and their sinew made our string. They were in essence
our grocery store. When the US government decided they wanted our land, but
found our ponies were faster and our knowledge of the terrain was superior
to their military, they found us hard to defeat. So they decided to starve
us out of our land. They went on a methodic elimination of the buffalo to
starve us into submission. They encouraged killing them just to kill them.
An American general (Dodge) once famously said "Kill every buffalo you can!
Every buffalo dead is an Indian gone!" In essence they emptied the shelves
of our food market. They burned the grass along the Canadian border to keep
the buffalo from migrating north to make sure they would get them all. This
prompted protests by the Canadian mounties because they prized the buffalo
coats they wore in the winter and now were just out of luck. The genocide
of the buffalo finally did starve us onto reservations. It is hard to
survive without your food source. It causes you to do desperate things like
agree to live on tiny reservations as opposed to roaming freely. One of the
people that helped decimate the buffalo was a French trader named Fred
Dupree. It is said he killed around 2000 just for their hides. However he
married a Lakota woman named Mary Ann Good Elk who was instrumental in
turning him around. Her pleading and tears convinced him to save the
buffalo. He captured seven buffalo calves in 1883 when the total number of
buffalo in North America had fallen to only around 100 buffalo. Although
two of the calves died, the Duprees were able to build their herd to around
83 by 1898. At that time another rancher named Scotty Phillips (who was
married to one of Nellie Larrabee's little sisters named Sarah Larrabee,
who was born of a Cheyenne mother) bought the herd and grew the little herd
to around 900 by 1911. You can find some of this herd's descendants just
about anywhere where there are buffalo. Their meat is delicious and has
less fat and cholesterol than any meat sold in the supermarket today.
Although many have been genetically altered with a few beef genes to
tenderize their meat for the American palate...they are still buffalo. We
pay homage to Fred Dupree, Mary Ann Good Elk, Scotty Phillips, and Sarah
Larrabee for helping nurse our brother the buffalo back to health. Wopila!

https://www.facebook.com/TashunkeWitkoTiwaheCrazyHorseFamilyEFC/
This site is administered by the Edward Clown family (Crazy Horse or
Waglula's grandson's descendants) and a representative. Floyd Clown, Doug
War Eagle, and Don Red Thunder are family members and administrators to the
Crazy Horse Estate.

We are members of the Crazy Horse Family and the Edward Clown family. ECF
stands for the Edward Clown Family. We are here to tell the truth about
Crazy Horse and all our grandfathers and grandmothers
from the Edward Clown family. For those who seek and appreciate the truth
about Crazy Horse and all our grandparents we encourage you to like our
page and read all our posts. Wopila!.

http://www.reelcontact.com/
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reelcontact.com%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3Rli9PoY1JCi8-CIScDWwFLb2CsB3X1IVL9azmcz_S55HPobhscoWMYPo&h=AT2wFmnLCTA5-nqAGd7bVmHBVoXX3sTELeVHuYRsDVfK9vC7c2OQ5H1Yogzf4kU8nj0xW1m9aa_SZShsXt9wzFzPNeFvPf40W4HNl-pMvsuc2cIVR4405BsGHnQha8cMvMWvZw>

Non-Governmental Organization (NGO)
<https://www.facebook.com/search/?bqf=str%2FNon-Governmental%2BOrganization%2B%2528NGO%2529%2Fkeywords_pages&ref=page_about_category&f=Abo_8Axedw3PD3QK1mfBnOSAoWvTSOHJ8zc8CDirwSVVROuY8twUOWBm_gL9Op4elGyH0YckHEN_brTTBRCeeMrV6MqW576ZpMisd2cPmlJbdpeO-_aLL0JmT1RAcdXa_e5g_Pu2EkLrfYEs6ENO8TnJ7nGas8ev1q83_LrpqLc4Jw>

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

PNG image

PNG image

  • [permaculture] The Buffalo and who saved them., Lawrence London, 10/23/2021