permaculture - [permaculture] Violation of the Permaculture Three Ethics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Violation of the Permaculture Three Ethics
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 09:11:04 -0700

to put it mildly...
maybe Scott will appreciate this.
Hold the fort. Keep the faith.
LL
[][][][]
*Tashunke Witko Tiwahe/Crazy Horse Family/ECF*
<https://www.facebook.com/TashunkeWitkoTiwaheCrazyHorseFamilyEFC/?__cft__[0]=AZUhY5nIg-K-YJ3If-Z3XeMba8FPlPnlHrLOUrtFpkcI7lQIGyvCRVGPXwVksemfzjJCEF2ZvwVF5jjyeqAK2hX0OyA82HnTdo-xIR63tIB9fZgGPmQvzXKaiH1GkSgN3joGpN8w_8oSYKxEh_c5NRPA65bcHInw1lhxwxTzNs-HQcBPnH4qLi2oHPKKrCG8hiI&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R>
BELOW is a photo of Crazy Horse's first cousin Touch the Cloud. His father
was Lone Horn. In 1874 George Armstrong Custer led an expedition into the
Black Hills. This alarmed us greatly and we raced to bury our dead who
typically lie four days on a scaffold before they were buried. We did not
want the soldiers robbing our dead of their possessions for souvenirs or
cut the scaffolds up for firewood and in the process dump our relatives
bodies on the ground. The Black Hills is our burial grounds where our
relatives are buried. We liked to bury them on the peaks of the hills.
Luckily Custer stayed in the low lands, but it alarmed us very much. Since
Lone Horn was one of our main treaty negotiators, we asked him if he had
made any new agreements with the government. He said he didn't think so,
because he hadn't gone to Washington for the last peace talks. He had sent
a non-family member named Black Tongue because he knew the government's
language and also because Lone Horn did not like riding on trains. When
Lone Horn reached back out to Black Tongue, Black Tongue said there was no
extra agreement. Lone Horn knew he was supposed to go, and felt guilty
until his death the following year. His son, Touch the Cloud, went to the
1875 peace talks to get to the bottom of what happened. He went under the
name of his father, Lone Horn. He found there was no agreement and that
Custer had been trespassing. However Custer found gold in the Black Hills
and announced it to his Nation. This brought a flood of miners to the Black
Hills and a demand by the government in November 1875 that all our people
had to be on our agencies by January 1876. During the height of winter and
the snow season. When we didn't comply, the Battle of the Little Bighorn
happened. This and other stories like it are all in our oral history book,
"Crazy Horse the Lakota Warrior's Life and Legacy" available on our website
at reelcontact.com
<http://reelcontact.com/?fbclid=IwAR2tHjnn79ltRQV3bf5ivLrRl1B2gDweIDYk0JgGy7VOuU4kg1AbhTtOjnY>
or really any major bookstore site. (Not so sure the guns are his. Many
photographers had props like guns and headdresses to dress our people up so
that the Americans on the east coast would buy their postcards in greater
quantities.) Wopila!
[image: image.png]

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

PNG image

  • [permaculture] Violation of the Permaculture Three Ethics, Lawrence London, 10/21/2021