permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Walipini and earth cellar

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jeremy baker <childscrick@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Walipini and earth cellar
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 16:48:00 +0000 (UTC)

This is Jeremy in Skagit Valley, WA. Living intimately with the climactic
variations of the year appeals to me. The concept of “season extenders” is
fun to play around with. Diving into the ground like a tortoise or badger
makes a lot of sense. I would hope a root cellar would be about empty by the
time it starts to warm up. Then the space might be used for other things
temporarily.
 Perhaps dig a test hole and experiment with it. A friend showed me a deep
hole covered with tempered glass.  Inside he had several overwintering house
plants. I have several cans and buckets of paint that say “do not freeze” on
them. I’m thinking of digging a hole for them while I go to Baja lol.
Jeremy

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad