permaculture - [permaculture] Walipini and earth cellar

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Christian Skiba <c.skiba@gmx.de>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Walipini and earth cellar
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 09:54:44 +0100

Hello,

I'm planning to build an underground greenhouse with an earth cellar.

As benefits I see
- more (earth-) heat radiating wall surface in winter
- one instead of two construction sites (one big hole instead of two small ones)
- possibly the use of CO2 from the storage crops for the greenhouse plants (during the day)

I think in the summertime there must be a closed door between them to prevent the cellar to be heated by the greenhouse.

Would you say that there are other advantages when combining this two elements?

Are there any disadvantages?

Greetings from Germany
Christian