permaculture - Re: [permaculture] A GLOBAL CHALLENGE

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] A GLOBAL CHALLENGE
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 19:56:59 -0400

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 4:57 PM Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The big picture network.. a great design exercise that will revolutionise
> everything...perhaps even rebuild communities how we have envisioned them
> through our rhetoric
>

> https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/funding-2000000-hectares-permaculture-agroforestry-simon-fjell-/

Not if we all become paper pushers.

"Money from the sale of my farm went to setting up ..............."
That is where the permaculture movement went astray. He can't be bothered
to keep his own piece of permaculture farmland,
work it and live on it, maybe make a living from it. He can't talk to those
of us who went to great lengths to acquire land, develop it as a
permaculture site, live on it
and keep it for our lifetimes.
"I left in the early eighties with next to no money"
Wow. Handed a golden opportunity and lets it go. Surely Bill Mollison could
have set up his own publishing company and a consultancy without his help.
"My life’s work has seen me go from rags to riches and back again as I
always push the envelope."
I am completely underwhelmed.
"Now I am co-founder of a company listing on the Philippine stock exchange
this year. The market capitalisation is currently over a billion dollars
and will be over five billion when we list on NASDAQ early next year. We
are funding our first 2,000,000 hectares of sustainable farms having
secured the interest of large and small investors."
Yowzaa. What has this to do with hands-on PC? Nothing but paper pushing and
blowing smoke. BS.
"Change the world. Make some money."
Certainly the distilled essence of permaculture. Sounds like Lawton.
"It's an appealing prospect and for those at the bottom of the pyramid
living on a few dollars a day it is survival."
He has no idea how to make that happen because he never faced the realities
of living that lifestyle long term, preferring to push paper and find
investors.
The inspiring part::
"I was equally blown away by the idea of Permaculture’s mimicking of
ecologies in its design along with the sensibilities of overlaying sectors
in zone patterns for greater efficiencies."
what is a sector?
what are overlaying sectors?
what are zone patterns in the context of the zone concept"
"overlaying sectors in zone patterns" "overlaying sectors in zone patterns
for greater efficiencies"
What does this mean?

---
Lawrence F. London, Jr.