permaculture - Re: [permaculture] ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 18:36:18 -0400

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Laura Vargas <laura@somosazucar.org> wrote:

> Free/libre software is a set of tools that help us all "talk" to our
> machines while preserving our rights to understand, appropriate and share
> the tools we use for this dialog. This is the ethic behavior we should
> promote among learners.
>
> If you don't have a free/libre operating system yet, you may enjoy Debian
> <https://www.debian.org/distrib/> for a taste.
>
> You can try Debian by booting a live system from a CD, DVD or USB key
> without installing any files to the computer.

Thanks for posting this, Laura. Is Debian significantly better than other
distros for a first time user.
I have been meaning t install Linux on a for years but never could spare a
machine.

Two other resources I recommend are:

Hacker News for info, news, how to n software and other things
hackernews.com
The Hacker News — Cyber Security, Hacking News <http://thehackernews.com/>
thehackernews.com/
The *Hacker News* — leading source of Information Security, latest Hacking
News, Cyber Security, Network Security with in-depth technical coverage of
issues ...

and Lifehacker for software evaluation and recommendation, download urls,
etc, ranking
Lifehacker - Tips, tricks and downloads for getting things done
<http://lifehacker.com/>lifehacker.com/

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com