permaculture - Re: [permaculture] ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Laura Vargas <laura@somosazucar.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 15:04:53 -0500

> On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Jason Gerhardt <jasongerhardt@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I see economic imperialism as a take over by economic force for economic
> > aims. To be imperialist there has to be one nation or kingdom taking over
> > another. Each life form, each ecosystem is a kingdom. Each human, each
> > community, a free kingdom. Economic imperialism therefore, is the take
> over
> > of ones life and community by business and monetary interests. Life
> becomes
> > about those things while under the control of economic imperialists.
> > Permaculture becomes about those things when manipulated by those
> knowingly
> > or unknowingly operating with the paradigm of economic imperialism.
> >

> You nailed it. You should have been around during the sixties and
> seventies. Logically the Permaculture discipline and movement started then.
>

> > You can't free yourself with the tools provided to you by the master.

I just wanted to highlight here, how important it is to be able to
"appropriate" the tools we use everyday. Or better said, to use appropriate
tools only.

Free/libre software is a set of tools that help us all "talk" to our
machines while preserving our rights to understand, appropriate and share
the tools we use for this dialog. This is the ethic behavior we should
promote among learners.

If you don't have a free/libre operating system yet, you may enjoy Debian
<https://www.debian.org/distrib/> for a taste.

You can try Debian by booting a live system from a CD, DVD or USB key
without installing any files to the computer.

Regards

--
Laura V.
*I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ Laura Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LaMAgiaDelTiempo
#LearningByDoing