permaculture - [permaculture] Water collected from air

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: T A Redding <trrredding@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Water collected from air
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 12:24:27 -0600

Long involved article is hard to understand, so although I lurk a lot I
thought I would try to tell what I saw already invented simply long ago.
Distilled water was collected using a rectangular 8 inch deep, one foot by
three foot sink, it had a glass top and water collected on the underside of
it and was captured in a glass container at the drain under the sink. The
sink was black I think. It produced clean drinking water for homesteaders.
It was very smart and simple. One gallon every few hours on really humid
days if it is set out in the sun. Exchange glass jar continuously, wipe out
sink as needed so mold won't grow. That's all I remember but I saw it
working over 3 days time.
In addition I would like to say that dehumidifiers collect water, why not
use it,air conditioners drip water constantly, I collect it and my pets
love it for some reason, a lot more than they like tap water, so things
have already been invented that have a side effect of producing Distilled
water. Why not use a simple method if possible (it's humid as hell here in
texas and we had a four year drought with months of 100 degree weather and
every speck of water cointed.) This year with a long spring and plenty of
rain the past 8 months or so we are all walking around dazed at the beauty
of green. Trudie