permaculture - [permaculture] Landowner GIS mapping course and map packages

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Andrea S. Laliberte" <andrea.laliberte@earthmetrics.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Landowner GIS mapping course and map packages
  • Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 12:00:17 -0800

I have worked professionally with geospatial data for natural resource applications for 17 years, and through my interest in permaculture, I could see the potential of integrating more GIS and mapping tools into the permaculture mapping process. This also allows me to combinemy professional experience with my passion as a small market gardener. I have developed the following course and map packages:

Learn how to map your land using open source software and freely available data. This self-paced, video-based course on DVD is an excellent introduction to digital mapping tools (GIS) for landowners or permaculture designers. It will allow you to visualize the terrain of the land, perform site planning based on slope, aspect, and other features, and use GIS maps with open source software and Google Earth. You will learn where to obtain freely available aerial photos, topographic data, soil maps, and other spatial layers, and how to view and manipulate the data. Details at: http://www.earthmetrics.com/courses/

For those that prefer a final product, I offer different levels of map packages that include the finest detail mapping layers available for your property. The products can be customized to your land and needs, include free visualization software, and require no specialized mapping knowledge. Details at http://www.earthmetrics.com/landowner-mapping-services/

earthmetrics
_www.earthmetrics.com_ <http://www.earthmetrics.com/>
Andrea S. Laliberte
/Remote Sensing Scientist/
541-466-9101
35553 Oak View Dr., Brownsville, OR 97327
_Andrea.Laliberte@earthmetrics.com_ <mailto:Andrea.Laliberte@earthmetrics.com>

  • [permaculture] Landowner GIS mapping course and map packages, Andrea S. Laliberte, 02/29/2016