permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: It's time to fix the food system

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: It's time to fix the food system
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 12:46:25 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pesticide Action Network <subscribe@panna.org>
Date: Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 6:31 AM
Subject: It's time to fix the food system

[image: PAN]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=x%2B%2FvfwEi9NIVk9KO%2F220JAJGu0ixbgZv>
Tell national leaders to prioritize food system reform

Dear Lawrence,

The presidential race is in high gear, with Super Tuesday just around the
corner. Unfortunately, fixing our broken food system isn't likely to be
among the issues candidates are discussing at town halls and debates. But
it should be.

*It's time to make a healthy, fair food system a national priority. *
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2ptky7RRyGfbjG1%2BOpQb3cgkcjA6VlBd>That’s
why we’re excited to be part of the “Plate of the Union” initiative, an
innovative effort to bring food and farming issues into the national
discussion during this presidential campaign year. *Will you join us?*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sMLMXenQ1Gt29j0kpJSWTgJGu0ixbgZv>

Industrialized, pesticide-dependent methods of farming are failing too
many, putting the health of children, farmers, farmworkers and rural
communities at risk. We can and must do better. Our food system should
provide everyone with access to healthy foods, build thriving local food
economies, and support farming practices that keep our soil and water clean.

*Sign the Plate of the Union petition today, urging all presidential
candidates to support a resilient, thriving food system.*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WkAOi2Z11u4IokwAHU5PiwJGu0ixbgZv>

We see momentum for change building in communities and states across the
country, but it’s a tough, uphill battle. “Big Food” and pesticide/biotech
corporations like Dow and Monsanto benefit greatly from the status quo —
which is why we need national political leaders to step up.

As our Plate of the Union partners at Union of Concerned Scientists note:

*“We shouldn’t support a system that enriches a few corporations at the
expense of farmers, rural communities, taxpayers and food workers.”*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=G5upgfI%2BGOSk3oBXdmnv%2FgJGu0ixbgZv>

Along with our partners working throughout the food system and across the
country, PAN will use the petition to bring food system reform into the
national conversation throughout the coming year. *Sign on today, and urge
political leaders to make healthy, fair food and farming a national
priority.*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QZ4Hsnc7DkOUKJjBwyHyRwJGu0ixbgZv>

Thank you for all you do!

[image: Take Action]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2FskOxRAYlB%2BKSGsbPgcZxQJGu0ixbgZv>

*Pesticide Action Network North America*
*Oakland, CA | Minneapolis, MN*
*510.788.9020 <510.788.9020>* | community@panna.org | www.panna.org
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BTezSZ7aPY9XYFZ0xhU%2F7QJGu0ixbgZv>

Unsubscribe me!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=cdGYv4JlJ0cFB53f330KbwJGu0ixbgZv>

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: It's time to fix the food system, Lawrence London, 02/28/2016