permaculture - [permaculture] How I Got Converted to G.M.O. Food - NYTimes.com

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] How I Got Converted to G.M.O. Food - NYTimes.com
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 14:10:59 -0400

Two industry whores going at it full tilt. Unbelievable that SB would turn
against all the people his publications, WEC, CoEQ, WER,
supported in such a long lasting, wholesome, robust, unique, creative
progresive way. What makes people like him turn to the dark side? What a
disappointment.
Onward with Peasant Sovereignty!
LL

<>

How I Got Converted to G.M.O. Food
<http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/25/opinion/sunday/how-i-got-converted-to-gmo-food.html>
The New York Times
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/107096716333816995401>
We can’t deny the science: Biotech works — for good.

How I Got Converted to G.M.O. Food - NYTimes.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/25/opinion/sunday/how-i-got-converted-to-gmo-food.html?_r=0

NAIROBI, Kenya — Mohammed Rahman doesn’t know it yet, but his small farm in
central Bangladesh is globally significant. Mr. Rahman, a smallholder
farmer in Krishnapur, about 60 miles northwest of the capital, Dhaka, grows
eggplant on his meager acre of waterlogged land.

As we squatted in the muddy field, examining the lush green foliage and
shiny purple fruits, he explained how, for the first time this season, he
had been able to stop using pesticides. This was thanks to a new
pest-resistant variety of eggplant supplied by the government-run
Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute.

<>

Tthis article in the NYT was linked to in Stewart Brand's Google+ page. SB
was editor/founder of the Whole Earth Catalog

with this comment:
*GMO reality in the developing world*
A fine report by Mark Lynas in the New York Times.

  • [permaculture] How I Got Converted to G.M.O. Food - NYTimes.com, Lawrence London, 04/24/2015