permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture! And you!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sandra campe <zukunftswerkstatt@riseup.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture! And you!
  • Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 15:06:10 +0200

*Dear Permaculture colleagues, friends and connections.*
/(sorry for cross-posting! Please forward this mail!)/

I am writing to you today because very inspiring, connecting and
hopefully world changing things are happening concerning the
international Permaculture movement during these months.

It would be wonderful and very much appreciated if you read this mail
carefully and think about your possible support of what the networks
that are evolving here! Please also share this mail in your networks.
*
_There are 3 things that I would like to draw your attention to:_
*
1) The Next Big Step project
<https://www.permaculture.org.uk/international/next-big-step>:
International (and European) Permaculture Network under construction

2) International Permaculture Conference and Convergence
<https://www.ipcuk.events/> (IPC), London, Sept 2015 - & CROWDFUNDER
<http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/ipcuk-scholarships/>!

3) International Permaculture Day <http://www.permacultureday.org/>, May
3rd 2015

_*1) *__*The Next Big Step project
<https://www.permaculture.org.uk/international/next-big-step>:
International (and European) Permaculture Network under construction*_

A group of IPC participants got together at the IPC in Cuba to create an
overview of existing Permaculture organisations worldwide - and
eventually a strategy for an International Permaculture Network. This
project is called "The Next Big Step (NBS)" and it is being coordinated
by Naomi van der Velden (Permaculture Association Britain), who can be
reached at international@permaculture.org.uk.

The first step of NBS is to collect contact details for all existing
national Permaculture organisations (there is a form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14sZju8avI7cgwir7ORYiRVvh2QkN9wfdF0eY8TL-tec/viewform>
to fill in this data - if you are part of a national Permaculture
organisation and have not filled in the form, please do so!). While a
large number of national organisations have already filled in the form,
there is still a number of countries' contacts missing! See here in
which countries we are still looking for organisations (you'll also find
the full list at the end of this mail!): Missing Permaculture
Organisations
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwNNnXJBlhITc3FEM09BSW84Zlk/view?usp=sharing>

/*If *//*you have contacts to (national / regional) Permaculture
organisations in any of those countries, or personal contacts there who
might know whether there are organisations in those countries, please
pass on this mail and especially the link to the *//*form "Permaculture
Organisations around the world"
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14sZju8avI7cgwir7ORYiRVvh2QkN9wfdF0eY8TL-tec/viewform>!!!*/

In the next stages, NBS will contact these organisations directly and do
a survey of these organisations' needs and prepare for the exchange at
the International Permaculture Convergence.

/If you are in Europe and interested in European Permaculture
Networking, please sign up to our mailinglist:///*/European Permaculture
Network
<https://groups.google.com/d/forum/europeanpermaculturenetwork>/*/- and
/ or to the *EPT-Newsletter <http://permateachers.eu/>*!
/
/Through//both of these, we will keep you up to date about developments
of a Permaculture Network for Europe, which we started working on at the
EuPC in Bulgaria in 2014 and which is closely linked in with the NBS
project. See you there!

/*_2) __International Permaculture Conference and Convergence (IPC)_
<http://www.ipcuk.events>_, London, Sept 2015_*_*- & CROWDFUNDER
<http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/ipcuk-scholarships/>!*_

The next IPC - International Permaculture Conference and Convergence -
will take place in London in September this year. All dates and other
details can be found on the IPC-website: www.ipcuk.events - there are
still some early bird tickets left! :-)
/
//*We hope to have a truly international community of delegates from
around the world present here, to take the "Next Big Step" and move the
International Permaculture Network and strategy forward.
To make this possible, the hosting organisation Permaculture Association
Britain <www.permaculture.org.uk> started a crowdfunder campaign
<http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/ipcuk-scholarships/>! It has already
reached almost 50% of it's goal but still, we've got 11.000 GBP in
pledges to give away, so please help by making your pledge*//*:*/*
**
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/ipcuk-scholarships/
<http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/ipcuk-scholarships/>*

*

_3) _International Permaculture Day <http://www.permacultureday.org/>_,
May 3rd 2015_*

This is really just to let you know or remind you that this exists and
is happening and that you can publish dates of YOUR permaculture
day-event on the above website! For the protection and regeneration of
soils!!!

I am happy that we are connected in this and I would be grateful for
your support. And I am looking forward to staying in touch!

Warm regards and permagreetings,
Sandra

***

*/List of countries in which we are still looking for contact details of
Permaculture Organisations
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14sZju8avI7cgwir7ORYiRVvh2QkN9wfdF0eY8TL-tec/viewform?c=0&w=1>:/*

*Africa*:
Angola
Benin
Botswana
Burundi
Cape Verde
Central African Republic
Chad
Comoros
Congo (Brazzaville)
Congo (Kinshasa)
Côte d'Ivoire
Djibouti
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Gabon
Guinea
Guinea-Bissau
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Madagascar
Mali
Mauritania
Mauritius
Morocco
Mozambique
Niger
Nigeria
Rwanda
Sao Tome and Principe
Senegal
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Somalia
Sudan
Tanzania
Togo
Tunisia
Uganda
Zambia

*Asia*:
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bhutan
Brunei
Burma
China
Iran
Iraq
Kazakhstan
Korea, North
Kuwait
Laos
Maldives
Mongolia
Oman
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Sri Lanka
Syria
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
United Arab Emirates
Uzbekistan
Yemen

*Europe*
Andorra
Armenia
Cyprus
Georgia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
San Marino

*North America:*
Antigua and Barbuda
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Grenada
Honduras
Jamaica
Panama
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

*Oceania:*
Fiji
Kiribati
Marshall Islands
Micronesia, Federated States of
Nauru
Palau
Samoa
Tonga
Tuvalu
Vanuatu

*South America:*
Colombia
Guyana
Paraguay
Suriname
Uruguay
Venezuela

--
sandra campe
sieben linden ecovillage

  • [permaculture] Permaculture! And you!, sandra campe, 04/04/2015