permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Hope for Palestinians and Palestine

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Hope for Palestinians and Palestine
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 22:37:08 -0500

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>
wrote:

> While I agree that Palestine needs all of the economic ideas they can get,
> the real problem is Israel's refusal to agree to nationhood for Palestine.
> As long as this is not solved I have little hope for peace between these
> two
> countries. Israel is chipping away at what little Palestinian land they
> have with new settlements of Israeli citizens on Palestinian land.
>
> Scott

Well, well, speaking of olives or olive branches................

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-palestinian-israeli-clash-west-bank-20141210-story.html
Senior Palestinian official dies after scuffle with Israeli soldiers
An Israeli border guard grabs Palestinian official Ziad Abu Ein during a
demonstration in the village of Turmus Ayya near Ramallah, West Bank, on
Dec. 10. (Abbas Momani / AFP/Getty Images)
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas condemned a clash Wednesday
between Israeli troops and protesters that preceded the death of a senior
Palestinian official, calling it a “barbaric act.” The official, Ziad Abu
Ein, was among Palestinians planting olive trees in protest of Israeli
settlement near the village of Turmus Ayya, north of Ramallah, when a
scuffle broke out between participants and Israeli soldiers trying to halt
their path. The soldiers fired stun grenades and tear gas, witnesses said.
Abu Ein, who headed authority efforts against Israeli settlements and the
Israeli separation barrier, collapsed at the site and died shortly
afterward at a medical facility in Ramallah. Abu Ein was recorded saying,
“This is a terrorist army that employs terror against the Palestinian
people.” He said his group had come to tend to olive trees and was attacked
by the Israeli military.

Unbelievable, pitiful.

LL

"To change something build a new model that makes the existing model