permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Full International Permaculture Group on A new Thread (All Emails Fixed)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: Jillian Hovey <jillian@permaculture.net>, europeanpermaculturenetwork@googlegroups.com, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Louis Alemayehu <alemayehu.arts@gmail.com>, Braden Trauth <omvalleypermaculture@gmail.com>, Keri Evjy <keri@healingrootsdesign.com>, rico <rico@i-permaculture.org>, Andrea <andgarden@tds.net>, info <info@ecologybasedeconomy.org>, april <april@permaculturevisions.com>, joshuaparamsevak <joshuaparamsevak@gmail.com>, Jane Gunningham <janegunningham@gmail.com>, tboulden <tboulden@gmail.com>, Joyce Miller <j.miller0611@mchsi.com>, Brad Krandlex <nebraskabrad@gmail.com>, Rei Falvo <reifalvo@yahoo.com>, Maren Heiberg <heibergma.17@gmail.com>, Jeremy Aurswald <JeremyAur@yahoo.com>, Denise MacDonald <dmacd77@yahoo.com>, Nava Isham <nj8isham@gmail.com>, Chuck Marsh <rascalchuck@gmail.com>, gerardogerardo <gerardogerardo@gmail.com>, earthseed72 <earthseed72@gmail.com>, Jeremiah Kidd <jeremiah@sipermaculture.com>, jacox <jacox@mtu.edu>, Margarethe Holzer <holzer.margarethe@aon.at>, Monica Ibacache <monica@beyondorganicdesign.com>, amonk <Amonk@advrights.org>, upsidedownworld <upsidedownworld@riseup.net>, jawshoeah <jawshoeah@gmail.com>, Abigail Conrad <abigail.conrad@gmail.com>, "de.la.tierra" <de.la.tierra@earthlink.net>, Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>, ryelliot71 <ryelliot71@hotmail.com>, "koreen.brennan@gmail.com" <koreen.brennan@gmail.com>, will_hooker <will_hooker@me.com>, Carol Christensen <cchris@tds.net>, Tiffany Grell <permyfany@gmail.com>, Kipper <kipper@soned.de>, Blair Frank <bfrankecorev@gmail.com>, "sr.rodger.f" <sr.rodger.f@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Full International Permaculture Group on A new Thread (All Emails Fixed)
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 07:33:08 +0200

Yes great idea Jillian. IMO it would be smart to link, hold hands, so the
left hand knows what the right hand is doing. The structural frame of GAPPS
suggests that many groups within GAPPS forms much in the same manner as is
already evolving with international structures within Permaculture. In that
we have a strong and long history of the European wide group, where there
exists 50 countries. Similarly for Australasia , now Nth America and
hopefully soon for all other 7-8 intercontinental regions. One other good
reason for a Nth American group to form is that funding is often biased to
countries. This is very much so in USA. Many American (USA) donor
organisations will only offer funding to USA registered groups. It is
similar elsewhere. May I repeat that IMO it is worthwhile working together.
The only limitation is how the structures of such allow this. So please do
spend a minute and browse through the GAPPS website.
www.permaculturepartnerships.com and offer any form of comment.

I have added this whole communication to the european network and the USA
based network moderated by Lawrence London. IMO the more communication we
can create the better.

Steve Hart

On 1 October 2014 07:18, Jillian Hovey <jillian@permaculture.net> wrote:

> I think that it would be good to have a North American group that is
> connected to international work, and it would be good to have an global
> group as well.
>
> These lists are the result of:
>
> 1. a Working Group started at the NAPC, which met three times (?)
> 2. a convergence session on International Permaculture
>
> Others can perhaps say more, especially Rico Zook, who is starting up
> "Itinerant Permaculture", and can say more about that (or perhaps Tiffany
> can if Rico is off line).
>
> Jillian Hovey
> Facilitator of Sustainable Community Planning & Design
>
> Sustainable Living Design
> Sustainable Living Coaching
> The Sustainable Living Network
> & Sustainable Living Books
> Ontario, Canada
>
> www.jillianhovey.com
> www.sustainablelivingbooks.com
> www.sustainablelivingnetwork.org
>
> email: jillian@permaculture.net
> skype: jillianhovey
>

> On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 1:11 AM, Steve Hart <
> stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Thanks Jillian...great to have some feedback from NAPC1. I'm trying to
> read betweeen the lines here. Seems there is interest in setting up a
> Permaculture in Aid & Development entity ? Is that the key point ?
> objective ? aim ? I offer you here the GAPPS website to consider. The *G*
> lobal* A*lliance for *P*ermaculture *P*artnerships and *S*olutions.
> www.permaculturepartnerships.com The history and formulation is very
> briefly mentioned. It is a website still in building or transition or
> succession like any good natural element. This entity came about from
> discussions at IPC10 in Jordan and following wkshps at EUPC in Germany.
>
> Could you please clarify for me what exactly are the intentions of this
> energy from NAPC1 ? If it is in fact what we are saying in GAPPS I would
> suggest we all jump on the same train. GAPPS is still in the start up phase
> with no existing funding. We are presently compiling data bases and will
> soon be sending out invitations for involvement at all levels.
>
> I do look forward to the responses
>
> Best regards
>
> Steve Hart
>
> On 1 October 2014 06:39, Jillian Hovey <jillian@permaculture.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks.
>
> I have been very busy in the four weeks since the NAPC, two of which I was
> largely off line.
>
> It is approaching 1am, so I will be brief. I have added to this list
> Steve Hart of New Zealand (who is married to a Czech woman, and is living
> in Europe currently), and Kipper from Berlin who has a not-for-profit which
> works in Africa, and Benjamin Burnley from France who is part of
> Permaculture Intinerant and works in French-speaking West Africa. These
> guys have been involved in the conversations about "GAPPs", which I will
> leave for Steve to explain. I have also included Margarethe Holer from
> [...]

  • Re: [permaculture] The Full International Permaculture Group on A new Thread (All Emails Fixed), Steve Hart, 10/01/2014