permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Hawk attacks guinea 10 feet from me in broad daylight.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Hawk attacks guinea 10 feet from me in broad daylight.
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:07:52 -0600

Several years ago we got a huge batch of guineas and raised them. Within a
year they had become feral and wander around our little town of West Lima,
into everyone's yards. (The town is about 15 houses, 10 blocks.) I used
to be really worried that we'd alienate the neighbors even more but after
checking in with a bunch of the neighbors that actually talk to me, found
out that everyone likes them and would like to have more running around
town, knowing how many insects and ticks they clean up.