permaculture - [permaculture] Banana Circle in Mexico's subtropics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: griromero@yahoo.com
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Banana Circle in Mexico's subtropics
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 13:46:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone:

Over the last year I have documented with photographs the construction and
evolution of a Banana circle we built in our property located in Comala,
Colima, Mexico. (700 mts above sea level, 900 mm. annual rainfall). Following
some recommendation I got from Paul Wheaton. at a PC conference in San Diego
re. Hugelkultur, I went ahead and used quite a bit of wood in filling up the
central pit. Results after roughly one year are great. You can take a look at
the pictures with some comments in English at my Facebook page, (but please
don't ask me to became a friend there since FB it is a family affair for me);
the file is public.
https://www.facebook.com/guillermo.romero.35762/media_set?set=a.250082198477209.100004262918499&type=3

For those of you w/o a Facebook account, there is a pdf file you can download
at permies.com:

http://www.permies.com/t/29640/hugelkultur/Banana-Circle-construction-subtropical-region

I'll be happy to read your comments and recommendations.

Best

GRI

  • [permaculture] Banana Circle in Mexico's subtropics, griromero, 11/12/2013