permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Beetle Kill and Biochar-- Fwd: USDA Invests inResearch to Convert Beetle-Killed Trees into Renewable Energy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: christopher nesbitt <christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Beetle Kill and Biochar-- Fwd: USDA Invests inResearch to Convert Beetle-Killed Trees into Renewable Energy
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 08:41:59 -0600

Robyn,

Thank you for writing that. I have not seen the ISIS report and am unlikely
to look for it, too much work, but your point that it is a part of the
solution is good and needs repeating. Too often people latch onto one
"thing", be it a technology, or a species, and that is "the" answer. One of
the things that attracted me to permaculture was the subtle and nuanced way
of looking at problems. Biochar is too useful to throw out for fears of wehat
"inductrial biochar" might look like.

Thank you.

Christopher

Christopher Nesbitt