permaculture - Re: [permaculture] BBC News - GM salmon can breed with wild fish andpass on genes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] BBC News - GM salmon can breed with wild fish andpass on genes
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 18:44:43 -0400

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 6:07 PM, John D'hondt <dhondt@eircom.net> wrote:

> The crux of the matter is that GM salmon can not survive in the wild
> because
> they depend on unlimited food supplies at all times. They would starve in
> the wild.
> Experiments have been done with other GM fish in Japan I think about ten
> years ago. When they are interbred with normal fish and then followed from
> generation to generation it leads to extinction of the lot in 6-7
> generations. When this happens with salmon, it is only matter of time, the
> only salmon left will be farmed salmon and the price will go through the
> roof. Which is maybe the long term idea behind it.
> John

Maybe by then they can be certified organic too, Organic GMO Trojan Horse
faux-Salmon aquatic food-like stuff.
Trojan Horse Economics. That appears to be the name of the game now, Exit
bees, most of Nature and diversity of species, enter artificial
food-like-stuff production.
Movie industry makes cinema "Gaia, Nature Fantasy of a Bygone Era". .

Form community, form networks, stabilize and preserve what is valuable to
us.