permaculture - [permaculture] Rock dusts, remineralization, literature

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Rock dusts, remineralization, literature
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 02:36:45 -0400

"Soil microbes need the widest menu of elements possible to be healthy.
Correct management of the carbon cycle is not enough. "

From: "Wm Hurrle" <wmh@online.dct.com>
To: <bdnow@envirolink.org>
Subject: Re: Basalt dust
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 08:10:57 -0600

Dear All,

Rock dusts: The magazine is Remineralize the Earth, 152 South St.,
Northampton, MA 01060, 413-586-4429, -6064 fax, ReminEarth@aol.com. Three
issues a year for $25. This is 1996 information.

The Survival of Civilization by John D.Hamaker & Donald A. Weaver, ISBN
0-941550-00-1, Hamaker-Weaver Publishers, POB 1961, Seymour, MO 65746, $12.
This is a remarkable book.

The oldest information on the subject I know is the 1894 monograph,
Bread from Stones, by Julius Hensel. I got a mimeo copy translated from the
German from Health Research, POB 70, Mokelumene Hill, CA 95245.

Another source is The Enlivened Rock Powders by Harvey Lisle, 4427 State
Rt.601, Norwalk, OH 44857, $15 + $1.50 s&h. I've not read this book. ACRES,
usa, is into it. Christopher Bird also wrote about remineralization. I think

ATTRA has a publication on it, too.

Soil microbes need the widest menu of elements possible to be healthy.
Correct management of the carbon cycle is not enough.
Since the last glacier ground and distributed rock dust, precipitation and
our lousy ag have leached elements out of the soils.
To keep them healthy rock dust ammendments are needed. There are numbers of
businesses devoted to supplying special rock dust conditioners.
The aggregate industry is aware of the ag use of fines that are otherwise a
drag on their operations. Contact the state associations.
Remin the Earth will send a list of them for $1 and a SASE. There are
outfits in Europe and Australia that sell minerals, too.

Regards,

Wm Hurrle

  • [permaculture] Rock dusts, remineralization, literature, Lawrence London, 05/08/2013