permaculture - Re: [permaculture] New online Certificate course

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: Peter Bane <pcactivist@comcast.net>, Albert Bates <albert@thefarm.org>
  • Cc: Kelda Miller <kelda@riseup.net>, Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>, Colin Doyle <colin@lostvalley.org>, Rich Blaha <rblaha@abrinc.com>, Deston Denniston <abundancepc@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] New online Certificate course
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 21:17:26 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to see a comparative review of all the on-line pc design courses
offered. Prices, etc. Dan Hemenway has offered them for years.  I believe
there are others in Australia ? (pre Geoff L). I have deep respect for Andrew
Millison and Marisha Auerbach who are offering a new on-line course.  Who are
the others?

I would also like to hear some comments by people who have gone through an
on-line pdc. They would be the best people to judge how well it works. If
there is no one on this list serve who has done an on-line course that is not
a good sign.  If there is no one who has taken an on-line course that would
give it good marks that is not a good sign.

I think on-line courses have their place, but just like residential or
weekend pdcs they are not all created equal.

As Peter Bane opines, $2200 for Geoff Lawton's online pdc is not a good deal.
Geoff L. says his course is limited in size?  How limited, I would like to
know.

Michael "Skeeter" Pilarski
Permaculture - Wildcrafting - Medicinal Herbs & Seeds