permaculture - [permaculture] Whitewash Bob's Roof Day plus Mapping/data site find story on white roofs impacts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Bob Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "ROE2" <runningonempty2@yahoogroups.com>, "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Whitewash Bob's Roof Day plus Mapping/data site find story on white roofs impacts
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:34:56 -0500

Whitewash Bob’s Roof Day is coming up June 2, 2012, this is a free workshop
at my house in OKC, where we will whitewash my roof.

For info on the benefits of white roofs, see . . .

http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Cooling/WhiteRoofExperiment/WhiteRoof.htm

For info on the whitewashing of roofs, a very cheap way to get a white roof,
see. . .

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/design/2012/04/just-fraction-more-white-roofs-could-have-huge-global-impact/1764/

There’s also a thread in the archives of this group from last year.

Anyone in the neighborhood is welcome to stop by. Let me know you’re coming
by email to bwaldrop@cox.net or by signing up with the FB event,
https://www.facebook.com/events/286135491467827/ .

I am also participating in an experiment that will apply a non-toxic coating
after the whitewash has cured. The goal is to extend the life of the
whitewash from 2-3 years to 8-9 years.

A full report will be written and posted.

Bob Waldrop, OKC
https://www.facebook.com/prairierosepermaculture

  • [permaculture] Whitewash Bob's Roof Day plus Mapping/data site find story on white roofs impacts, Bob Waldrop, 04/27/2012