permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Yield comparisons with industrial farming?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Hannah Roessler <hannahroessler@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Yield comparisons with industrial farming?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:32:19 -0400

Hi everyone,

http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/fst30years
http://www.srfood.org/index.php/en/documents-issued Report titled
"Agroecology and the Right to Food"

Both are key references. As we surely all know, straight "yield" numbers are
a one-dimensional representation of the issue. I find that this argument
works best when posited as yield over time...especially if you are presenting
to people who are new to the subject (though certainly, they are soon to be
recruited!). The Rodale study is awesome for this.
Cheers!