permaculture - [permaculture] the largest permaculture web site

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] the largest permaculture web site
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:09:46 -0700

I was asked this today. What is the largest permaculture web site?

And it got me thinking .....

I'm not sure.

I guess the first thought is "the amount of content - largest number
of web pages". The second thought is "the traffic - largest numbers
of visitors"

My response was "uh .... uh .... i dunno ... probably the australian
forums, but "

Something odd is going on over there. One of their foums says it has
3030 threads. But I can't seem to get more than 40. I think they
lost a lot recently when they were down for a week. So, is it
possible that they have only a few hundred threads, and therefore only
a few hundred web pages?

So .... then I thought "Even I have more than that ...."

And then it hit me.

Oh shit. I might have the largest permaculture web site in the whole
world. It can't be me. I'm just an obnoxious doofus. It would be
like giving nuclear weapons to some nimrod that can't even say
"nuclear" correctly.

So, as awkard as this sounds, i would like the help of you all.
Please tell me the permaculture site that is bigger.

I have 2486 threads - so about 2500 web pages.

It looks like my numbers for january will wrap up at about 37,000
visitors and 230,000 pageviews.

Surely there is a bigger permaculture website. Surely it isn't me.