permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [COMFOOD:] Job Posting: Farm Manager, Penn State Cooperative Extension; Jim Hightower: Giving Thanks for America's Good Food Movement

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Permaculture Cooperative <permaculturecoop@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [COMFOOD:] Job Posting: Farm Manager, Penn State Cooperative Extension; Jim Hightower: Giving Thanks for America's Good Food Movement
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:09:08 -0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jenny Huston <chefjennyhuston@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 8:44 AM
Subject: [COMFOOD:] Job Posting: Farm Manager, Penn State Cooperative
Extension; Jim Hightower: Giving Thanks for America's Good Food Movement
To: comfood <comfood@elist.tufts.edu>

11/09/2009
FYI for those interested in new farmer education and farm management:
The Seed Farm - An Agricultural Incubator Program for the Establishment of
New Sustainable Farms and Farmers -Lehigh County, PA
Position Available: Farm Manager
The Seed Farm, a program of Lehigh County, provides land, training and
infrastructure for new farmers, increasing farm start-up success and the
vitality of farming in the Lehigh Valley.
The Seed Farm Manager will help mentor apprentices and new farmers, manage
on farm demonstrations and educational activities, and coordinate
maintenance of our 2 acre, organic market garden and surrounding fields.
For position details visit our website at theseedfarm.org<
http://theseedfarm.org>.

--
S. Tianna DuPont
Sustainable Agriculture Educator

Penn State Cooperative Extension
Northampton and Lehigh Counties
Greystone Building
14 Gracedale Ave
Nazareth, PA 18064-9212

610-746-1970
610-746-1973
tdup...@psu.edu<mailto:tdup...@psu.edu>

Jim Hightower | Giving Thanks for America's Good Food
Movement<http://www.truthout.org/11260903>

Thursday 26 November 2009

by: Jim Hightower, t r u t h o u t | Op-Ed
<http://www.truthout.org/11260903>

What better day than Thanksgiving to celebrate our country's food rebels!

I'm talking about the growing movement of small farmers, food artisans,
local retailers, co-ops, community organizers, restaurateurs,
environmentalists, consumers and others -- perhaps including you. This
movement has spread the rich ideas of sustainability, organic, local control
and the Common Good from the fringes of our food economy into the
mainstream.

It began in earnest in the 1980s and 1990s as an "upchuck rebellion" --
ordinary folks rejecting the industrialized, chemicalized, corporatized and
globalized food system. Farmers wanted a more natural connection to the good
earth that they were working, just as consumers began demanding edibles that
were not saturated with pesticides, injected with antibiotics, ripened with
chemicals, dosed with artificial flavorings and otherwise tortured...

Found at: http://www.truthout.org/11260903

Jenny Huston, MA, CEC, CDM, CFPP

Farm to Table Food Services

Oakland, California

chefjennyhuston@yahoo.com

415.235.9312

It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the
equivalent of what he takes out of it.

- Albert Einstein

NOTICE: This email message and/or its attachments may contain
information that is confidential or restricted.
It is intended only for the individuals named as recipients in the
message. If you are NOT an authorized recipient,

you are prohibited from using, delivering, distributing, printing,
copying, or disclosing the message or content to

others and must delete the message from your computer. If you have
received this message in error, please notify

the sender by return email.

P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this
e-mail

PLEASE DO NOT POST OR ATTACH LARGE FILES (we still have many dial up
subscribers)

SUBSCRIBING AND UNSUBSCRIBING TO COMFOOD:

You can subscribe to COMFOOD by going here:
https://elist.tufts.edu/wws/subscribe/comfood

You can unsubscribe to COMFOOD by going here :
https://elist.tufts.edu/wws/signoff/comfood

--
Nicholas Roberts & Kirstie Stramler

skype permaculturecoop