permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Suggested Reading - Designers Manual

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Suggested Reading - Designers Manual
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:48:44 -0800

I confess not to have updated my reading list since 2003, except for a couple of books, hence it is missing many recent works (plus, many books haven't withstood even that brief test of time). I use Holmgren's books in my university classes. Though "Principles & Pathways" is no fun to read and I can't make sense of its organization, the perspective in it is indispensible.

If anyone wants to update my reading list, have at it! When I have idle time or a dedicated intern, I'll get to it.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com

Tripp Tibbetts wrote:
I mentioned the Stamets and Holmgren books a couple days ago, and was
wondering the same thing. Why doesn't David Holmgren get more respect in all
this? All we get is Mollison this, and Mollison that. Not that Bill isn't
deserving, it's just that David strikes me as an absolute genius. I think
Principles and Pathways is surely required foundational reading.
Tripp

-Chinese proverb