permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Steal this pdf

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Steal this pdf
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:13:24 -0500

Patrick wrote:

http://delicious.com/url/c2992be2894b64fed7eff3f6e39ce74f
<- Look at all the folks (myself included) who posted links to the
Permaculture manual. The fact is no matter how many times you ask for
electronic version of the book to be taken down someone else is going to post
it elsewhere. It's a push down pop up scenario. Anyhow, it’s time that an
updated edition of the manual be written & published.

All sites offering the DM for download linked from this site have removed the
files for violation of copyright.
http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/0908228015.html
PERMACULTURE: A Designers' Manual
Tagari Publications | ISBN: 0908228015 | 1997-10-01 | PDF | 576 pages | 81 Mb

So many books show us just how unsustainable our societies are, and leave us feeling hopeless and powerless. This book, as a foundation of Permaculture Design, does just the opposite. There are many challenges in the world today, but there are also many solutions...if only we begin applying them. This book provides a framework to begin understanding the natural processes around us, and lays out principles of design that anyone can apply to redesign the way we interface with this world. We are each powerful enough to bring forth needed change.
We begin to understand the movement of the sun; the changes of climate; trees and plants and their interaction with their surrounding environment. Grow in your understanding of water and its role, how to store it and clean it and reuse it again and again; Increase your understanding of soil and its role in creating and maintaining life. Learn to design with consideration of the elements, begin to see the natural patterns which make up the world, utilize the resources already around us to meet the demands and needs that exist.
The most exciting part about Permaculture is how it can be applied anyplace, without big budgets, beginning today. Yet it is also relevant on a much broader and grander scale.

  • Re: [permaculture] Steal this pdf, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 11/15/2009