permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PCNutrition- Ref Rhodiola, Reducing Salt Intake, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: linDARAY@att.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PCNutrition- Ref Rhodiola, Reducing Salt Intake, etc.
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:33:37 +0000

Nice try, Tripp- But no.

I thought the same for years, too.. Turned out that it was only a stopgap
control measure for me to keep on the way I was going, which is what you
jokingly suggest-

As I continued my normal research, I began to realize that many folks who
overeat to obesity are struggling with bodies which are craving real
nutrients, yet the person's food intake quality is so nutrient-deficient that
their craving to eat never cuts off-because the body is actually starving-
For usable nutrients though, not for a full stomach.

They can't get their stomachs to hold enough of the cr@p they eat, to get
enough nutrition to fuel their bodies with. Even if they could eat enough to
do the job, they would then not be able to eliminate the dross from such a
volume. Dead food.

I'm not fat, but I looked at that data and thought about my observations.

In my case, it felt like my body was trying to get a nutrient that wasn't
present in the salt that I was using, and which the Celtic Salt provided.
Celtic Sea Salt IIRC has about 84 different minerals and trace elements in
it, whereas most commonly available salts have only Sodium Chloride and
Silicon Dioxide I think it was, as a free-flowing agent, plus whatever
Iodizing agent.

BTW since I started experimenting with other oils, coconut, fish oil, cod
liver oil, flax oil, peanut and sesame oils, etc., the fat craving has mostly
dropped off too. Now I am not constantly fighting dehydration the way I used
to.

Interesting huh.

"..The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow.
> -Chinese proverb .."

Nice Quote.

Linda
-------------- Original message from Tripp Tibbetts <slowfoodguy@yahoo.com>:

Maybe I'm a simpleton but I find that when my body craves salt and fat that