permaculture - [permaculture] Mondragon Cooperative, Permaculture worker cooperatives and state capitalism - Mondragon Business Professor Interviewed - Fred Freundlich

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Permaculture Cooperative <permaculturecoop@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Mondragon Cooperative, Permaculture worker cooperatives and state capitalism - Mondragon Business Professor Interviewed - Fred Freundlich
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 13:24:17 -0800

Mondragon Cooperative, Permaculture worker cooperatives and state capitalism
- Mondragon Business Professor Interviewed - Fred
Freundlich<http://permaculture.tv/?p=1015>

http://permaculture.tv/?p=1015
http://permaculture.tv/?p=56

Fred Freundlich teaches at Mondragon Universtiy <http://www.mondragon.edu/> in
Spain. He is a doctoral candidate at the Graduate School of Education,
Harvard University, where his dissertation research is a new university
initiative affiliated with the Mondragn Cooperative
Corporation<http://www.mondragon-corporation.com/>.
Freundlich is a senior principal of Ownership
Associates<http://www.ownershipassociates.com/>
.

*On Friday we (Kirstie & Nicholas) had an informal discussion with Professor
Fred
Freundlich<http://www.mondragon.edu/ezf/albisteak/fred-freundlich-ek-doktore-tesia-irakurri-du?language_sync=1>
of Mondragon University <http://www.mondragon.edu/> about the history and
state of the worker-cooperative movement, and Mondragon in particular, in
reference to our establishing a global permaculture worker cooperative.*

*We came away from the meeting optimistic that our dreams of developing
sustainability projects in a worker-cooperative framework can be realized.
The two systems have the potential to be mutually beneficial: permaculture
can contribute to the environmental sustainability aspects of Mondragon, and
the economic and social sustainability aspects of the Mondragon cooperative
can stabilize permaculture in the world (Gaia Permaculture). A permaculture
worker-cooperative could research, develop and replicate the permaculture
worker cooperative complex and create a truly sustainable future. A Gaia
Permaculture Mondragon Cooperative Complex.*

--
Nicholas Roberts & Kirstie Stramler

skype permaculturecoop
email permaculturecoop@gmail.com
phone +1 415 670 9710
--
plans http://gaiapermaculture.com
video http://Permaculture.TV

  • [permaculture] Mondragon Cooperative, Permaculture worker cooperatives and state capitalism - Mondragon Business Professor Interviewed - Fred Freundlich, Permaculture Cooperative, 11/01/2009