permaculture - [permaculture] Perennial Cuttings Question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Carnevale <c.s.carnevale@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Perennial Cuttings Question
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:18:10 -0600

Here's a question for the propagators of you out there...

I've taken a number of late summer greenwood and semi-hardwood cuttings from
perennial plants and I am wondering if I should place them outside in the
nursery pots and let them go dormant for the winter, or if they are too
young and not be able to withstand the cold yet then leaving them inside in
their flats. We are already receiving hard frosts at night but daytime
temperatures are in the 70s. The cuttings include lavender, culinary sage,
bee balm, mints, yarrow, and a few others. Tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Chris Carnevale

  • [permaculture] Perennial Cuttings Question, Chris Carnevale, 09/29/2009