permaculture - [permaculture] June 14 - 18: Ecology of Transformation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "rafter t. sass" <rafter@liberationecology.org>
  • To: rafter@liberationecology.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] June 14 - 18: Ecology of Transformation
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 14:41:21 -0500

Hello friends,

This June I'll be teaching an exciting hybrid 4-day workshop in western
Mass,
combining permaculture design AND social project design.

Sorry for any cross postings!

When: *Sunday, June 14 - Thursday, June 18 *(Sun & Thu half-days)
Where: *the SEEDS Festival*, at Earthdance Community, *Plainfield MA*
How: http://earthdance.net/seedsfest.htm

What:
This workshop will combine the participatory exploration and design studio
of the *Liberation Ecolog*y workshop, with the mushroom-centric permaculture
of *Mycoscaping*. We'll weave back and forth between tools for designing
healthy, abundant landscapes, and strategies for creating the vibrant and
just society that can care for those landscapes. Social design and ecosystem
design will enrich and empower each other.

This four-day participatory workshop gives participants the tools to start
reclaiming ecological *and* social health - from specific techniques to broad
strategies. Come prepared for a hands-on experience - we’ll be wrestling
with hard questions, and going outside and getting our hands dirty!

In the *Mycoscaping* stream, we'll be learning about - and implementing - a
variety of mushroom species and cultivation techniques in the landscape.
We'll be looking at growing food and medicine everywhere, enriching the
health of our veggie gardens and perennial plantings with fungal
polyculture, bioremediation, wild mushrooms and forest ecology, and *more. *
*
*
In the *Liberation Ecology* stream, we'll be learning how to design
collaborative projects that support the health of vibrant, whole
communities. We'll map our relationships with natural and human
communities, and create strategies to methodically connect *our own desires
for change* with *large scale transformation.*

We'll all be collaborating to discover the emergent patterns and principles
that arise from this hybrid workshop.

Introductions to Permaculture, to edible forest gardening, and related
topics, will be incorporated along the way.

[image: SEEDS-BANNER-FOR-WEB.jpg]

Go to http://earthdance.net/seedsfest.htm to register!

Hope to see you there...

Best,
Rafter

rafter t. sass
The Liberation Ecology Project
liberationecology.org
518-567-7407
skype: raughter

  • [permaculture] June 14 - 18: Ecology of Transformation, rafter t. sass, 05/03/2009