permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Not judging a book by its cover....off topic.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Not judging a book by its cover....off topic.
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:32:06 -0400

Luciano Pavarotti - "Nebbie" by Respighi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leAwIlcfC74
Nebbie, Italian for fog
Neblina in Spanish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYNLprvg2C8&feature=related
Art song by Ottorino Respighi
Nebbie (Fog)
Shaun Haywood, tenor
"Soffro, lontan lontano le nebbie sonnolente
Salgono dal tacente piano.
Alto gracchiando, i corvi, fidati all'ali nere,
Traversan le brughiere torvi.

Dell'aere ai morsi crudi gli addolorati tronchi
Offron, pregando, i brochi nudi.
Come ho freddo! Son sola;
Pel grigio ciel sospinto un gemito destinto vola;

E mi ripete: Vieni; È buia la vallata. O triste, o disamata. Vieni! Veini!

English translation:

"I suffer. Far, far away the sleeping fog
Rises from the quiet plain.

Shrilly, cawing, the crows, trusting their black wings, traverse the moors,
grimly.

To the raw bites of air the sorrowful tree trunks
Offer, praying, their bare branches.

How cold I am! I am alone; Driven through the gray sky a groan of the dead
soars.

And repeats to me: come; the valley is dark.
O sad one, o unloved one, come!"