permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 75, Issue 3

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Johnathan Avery Yelenick" <yelenick@riseup.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 75, Issue 3
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 13:51:44 -0600 (MDT)

There might be a similar thing here in Colorado.
http://www.doortodoororganics.com/

It does seem like a good idea. I am a little concerned about the
centralizing of foodstuffs through a distributor.

I certainly favor the CSA model more myself, due to the direct farmer to
consumer relationship. But I must say that I don't really have too much
intimate knowledge of the other distribution model.

>From what I gather, Door to Door Organics and Farm Fresh Delivery operate
under top down corporate structures, counter to a participatory economic
structure. Participatory economics or parecon in my opinion is quite
amenable to permaculture and a likely candidate for a sister social
framework (please see http://vanparecon.resist.ca/ ).

It also looks like much of the produce from Door to Door is trucked in
from California. That's truly non-local and myopic with peak oil looming.

Sincerely,
Johnathan Yelenick
Blacktail Permaculture Cooperative
South Platte River Bioregion

--
WITHOUT DEAD TIME!
WITHOUT RESTRAINT!

"If your experience is that your water comes from the tap and that your
food comes from the grocery store then you are going to defend to the
death the system that brings those to you because your life depends on
that; if your experience is that your water comes from a river and that
your food comes from a land base then you will defend those to the death
because your life depends on them. So part of the problem is that we have
become so dependent upon this system that is killing and exploiting us, it
has become almost impossible for us to imagine living outside of it and
it's very difficult physically for us to live outside of it."
— Derrick Jensen

  • Re: [permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 75, Issue 3, Johnathan Avery Yelenick, 04/04/2009