permaculture - Re: [permaculture] planned grazing as firebreak

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Peter Suter" <petersuter@adaptablesoftware.com.au>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] planned grazing as firebreak
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:49:53 +1100

The article clearly describes a very cool fire and good conditions for
burning off - be careful what conclusions you draw from it.
Reducing the fuel load always helps.
Almost anything could stop a cool fire when the fuel load is low (as shown
on both sides of the fence), and conditions not like what you see in
wildfire conditions.

Best Regards
Peter Suter
Adaptable Business Software