permaculture - Re: [permaculture] human urine as fertilizer

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sinergyinaction@netscape.net
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] human urine as fertilizer
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 11:24:12 -0400

Hi
is there any risk associated with using (diluted) pee in the garden from
people (unnknowingly) having some kind of urinary infections, carrying
potentially harmful bacterias?
What about the pee of people taking medicines? can this substances build up
(as for the antibiotics mentioned in an earlier email)
in plant tissues and be ingested by people?
Thanks for this discussion
Cheers
Antonio