permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Closing the Collapse Gap

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Closing the Collapse Gap
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:00:54 -0500

=Closing the 'Collapse Gap': the USSR was better prepared for collapse than
the US
=by Dmitry Orlov
=published by the Energy Bulletin:
=http://www.energybulletin.net/node/23259

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9805EFDF103CF934A3575BC0A9629C8B63
"The Rural Life; Victory Garden
By VERLYN KLINKENBORG
Published: Saturday, August 7, 2004
But in 1943, those gardens -- the work of three-fifths of the American population -- produced some eight million tons of food. Many people abandoned their vegetable plots when they were no longer a national necessity. Many others realized that fresh food and the pleasure of gardening more than justified the labor. And they were able to pass that realization along to their children. What my dad called gardening, I called weeding. I've learned few of the details of how he gardens, especially because he gardens in California. But I learned from him the feeling that something is missing without homegrown vegetables."