permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Where were you in 1971?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "katey culver" <newtribe@hughes.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Where were you in 1971?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:39:54 -0600

Not sure what is being referred to here, but interesting to me: I was 14 for
the first half of 1971. Experiencing my first recreational drugs, loosing
my virginity and solidifying a spiritual philosophy that has seen fruition
through paths like Permaculture.

1971 was truly a great year.

~Katey
P.S.* I* wonder if those whose voices need hearing will get much from their
votes cast in November. Time will tell. But just in case I'm not holding
my breath (it's hard to get the chores done that way).

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Kathyann <knat@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> The 26th amendment, granting responsibility for directing the United
> States, to those who formerly could only offer their lives to support
> the goals of the older citizens, was a turning in US history. There are
> now some countries trying to stabilize similarly with Child Soldier Acts
> and move responsibility to age 16.
>
> As we get to share the inauguration of a president elected by many of
> those who would have had no voice in the past, I wonder, Where were you
> in 1971?
>
> Peace,
> Kathyann
> ps I also wonder how many 14 year olds you are sharing this with. They
> will have numbers to decide the next US president.
>
> --
Katey Culver
www.earthandstraw.com