permaculture - Re: [permaculture] greywater and rain water system costs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude William Genest <genest@pivot.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] greywater and rain water system costs
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:45:37 -0400

While it makes perfect sense for you to do a cost comparison, strangely, it's the first time I have seen anyone consider the costs of rain harvesting ( and there's no good reason why one shouldn't be done).
I guess most do it becuase they like the idea, want the independence and the ability to act as a showcase/catalyst for others.

That said, I'd be curious : are there no other costs involved i.e. irrigating the garden etc. ? Are you sure it will cost you 3k to build ? Have you considered ferrocement ?

Best Regards,

Claude William Genest

- Founder Green Mountain Permaculture Institute of Vermont
Solutions, Sustenance, Sustainability
www.greenmountainpermaculture.com

- Creator "Regeneration - The Art of Sustainable Living"
From "Something-Must-be-Done" to Something we can do !
www.regenerationshow.com

- Ecological Coordinator
Club St.Paul Ecological Golf Course

- Vice-President Green Party of Quebec "pour nous et nos enfants"
www.pvq.qc.ca

- National Spokesperson Green Party of Canada
"The Future is Now ! "
www.greenparty.ca