permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Miscanthus

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Miscanthus
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 01:19:16 -0400

Adam Donnison wrote:

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

What is Garlon-A. Anything like roundup, atrazine, 24d, other?

It is based on triclopyr, and if you google for Garlon and/or
tryclopyr you will find heaps of info.

Adam

Rant mode on:

Did that and found the DOW Agroscience (NOT!) website with Garlon info.
This crap can only have military applications.
I think I had a close encounter of the worst kind with this abomination.
DOT "helping" the power compant sprayed power line right of way and highway ditch & embankment with tractor mounted spray rig. Didn't bother to stop for my locked steel driveway gate. Got home later, unlocked gate, came in contact with dried-on poison, was majorly groty f***ed-up for several months. I called them up and made them come back with barrels of soapy water and wash mi gate, chain and locks. Idiots.

And Toby says they spray wild marshland with it to get rid of blackberry? May all thos ethat do that wind up homeless and destitute
and have to depend on the good will of samaritans to provide them with community garden space to regain their health and self respect.

Rant mode off:

I have an uncommon hatred of all pesticides, herbicides, bactericides and fungicides. And for athletes foot use tea tree oil and not an antifungal agent. And its good for chiggers, ticks and mosquitos, maybe even crabs.

Postscript mini-rant done with: