permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculturing an existing dwelling

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <woodsjay@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculturing an existing dwelling
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 5:13:26 -0400

Move all the plumbing/water storage/HVAC to one section of
the house (See also item 14) and be able to seal that
section off. Super-insulate that section first while you
are wind proofing it. Be able to drain the lines that you
haven't been able to move.

Use wood burning stoves (See also item 15) that don't
require dampers and that pull air for combustion directly
from the outside.