permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Alternatives to palm seed oil?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Alternatives to palm seed oil?
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 13:24:23 -0800

Marimike6@cs.com wrote:

But I could be wrong. Let's hope and watch. Or if you want to do something more dynamic, let's not just change our recipes so we don't buy their product.

But that's the easiest way to begin and is better then nothing.

grow your own food

buy rice from organic growers in the US only (mail order it from your
favorite growers (in Calif., Ark. etc)

use honey as a sweetner

use olive oil, US made or organic imported (Spectrum is very fine, Whole
Foods 365
and organic is also fine)

eliminate cocoa and coconut from you diet

eat in season, locally produced

This works.

Their bottom line would notice not even a blip if every sustainable ag and organic family on earth decided to boycott palm oil. One would need to find a better way to gain their attention. IMO.

LL
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net