permaculture - [permaculture] Re:Plant id=Fagopyrum cymosum

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: BK <lildragon@saber.net>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re:Plant id=Fagopyrum cymosum
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 19:09:36 -0700

Wow, thanks folks.

I looked it up in the pfaf DB and got some more info on it. It looks to be a
really nice PC plant. Does nicely in shadier spots, good growth, and I've
sampled some of its leaves, its actually quite nice sauted with a little
garlic. I think I'll haves to move some divisions over to my garden.

Also, does anyone happen to know of any websites dealing with taxonomic
info? It'd be great if there were a database where you could work your way
through leaf shape, stem shape, flower type, etc and be able to figure out
what a plant was....

Cheers,
BK