permaculture - Re: gardening songs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: gardening songs
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 01 11:41:57 -0700

with ESMTP (Mail Server 5.7); Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:53:29 -0800

OK- here 'tis.
Don't know the name of the song- can anyone fill me in on that? The Pc word=
are by Sarah Levesque-Walker of Quebec, who sang it with drum accompanyment=
,
and it *works*!

Original chorus: We can rise with the fire of freedom
truth is the fire that can burn our chains
so we can stop the fires of destruction
healing is the fire running through our veins

Pc verses by Sarah:

We're putting in the garden and tearing up the lawn
we won't stop working till the monoculture's gone

heart, head & hands this is our creation song
we won't stop playing till the monocultures gone

Take the best of the new, seeing far, reaching long
with the best of the old, let our roots grow strong

we're working & we're playing singing our creation song
good living is a blessing feel our roots grow strong.

So any more songs out there?

Paz, amor y dinero...........
-Rick

Rick Valley Northern Groves=20
PO Box 1236, Philomath, OR 97370=20
Mobile-(541)602-1315, hm.& msg. (541)456-4364 Bamboo catalog $3 or at=20
<http://www.teleport.com/~dbrooks/bamboo.html>
"Useful Bamboos and other plants=8B Permaculture education=8B Ecological de=
sign &
consultation centering on water,landform and horticultural systems"

  • Re: gardening songs, rick valley, 02/05/2001