permaculture - Re: labeling (fwd)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Guy Clark" <guyclark@socket.net>
  • To: <organic-certification@listserv.oit.unc.edu>, <lanoye@together.net>, <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: labeling (fwd)
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 11:40:19 -0600

Hello-
Rex and Craig talked about the little sticky labels with PLU codes
and the
desire to label all food so consumers can make informed purchasing
decisions. I agree wholeheartedly and think that the outrage over the
Proposed Standard and the McLibel laws being pushed across the country,
including here in Missouri, can be the launching pad for a movement to get
all inputs in all food labeled. People are scared shitless about food
safety and mad as hell at the government and the purveyors of filthy food.
We have the wedges, we need to hammer away at them to split the
out-of-scale agricultural/pharmaceutical/culinary complex apart. Remember
the formation of soil starts with physical weathering that leads to a tiny
crack in the rock. We are seeing hairline fractures all over the place.
Stuff is falling in there and microbes are starting to work (all puns
intended). Soon our scattered seeds will take root spreading the crack
wider, eventually the rock will split. It is an inevitable, but slow
process. It is a natural process and we are a natural force. And
remember, "Nature Bats Last!"
Namaste',
Guy Clark

  • Re: labeling (fwd), Guy Clark, 02/04/1998